Selling Uhuru Pies
Uhuru Pies are sold by individuals and community organizations to support the African community self-determination programs of the Uhuru Movement. Sellers set a goal, create a profile and make a statement that wins others to order their Uhuru Pies this holiday from them.
Follow the steps below to set up and edit your profile or see your orders. Let your frineds know to order their pies from you. Check out Tips for selling Uhuru Pies.
To set up your personal pie seller profile, fill out the information in the form on this page:
- Create a user name and password. Write this information down. You will need it to log in later.
- Enter your contact information, choosing your "Pie Headquarters."
- If you are setting up a profile for a company, fill in the "Company Info" section of this form.
- Fill out the information in the "Your Public Page" section of the form. This information will appear on uhuurpies.org.
- Choose the public name you want buyer's to see. You can use a company name.
- Upload a picture of yourself. If you do not upload a picture, a default graphic will appear next to your name on the website.
- Enter a number in the "Goal Number of Pies" field. Enter a minimum of 10.
- Write a personal statement about why you are selling Uhuru Pies, or why people should order from you.
- If you would like to volunteer to bake, staff a table or set up a tasting, check the box "Other Volunteering."
- CLICK "Signup."
To see who has ordered pies from you or to edit your profile:
- Go to the login page.
- Under "Sellers," enter your email address and your password.
- Click "Login."
- A page appears that allows you to edit your profile. At the bottom of the page your orders appear.
- To edit your profile information, make the desired changes in the form.
- Click "Update."
To update your profile from last year:
- Follow the log in step in the section above.
- Enter a goal for this year.
- Update your statement, your picture or any other public information.
- Click "Update." Your profile will now appear for the new year.